Indian Head Massage Aftercare advice
After your Indian Head Massage it is important that you are fully alert before driving home. It can have a deeply relaxing effect on you, so it is important that you’re fully present when you leave the treatment room.
Keep hydrated for the rest of the day.
Whilst it is also a good idea to drink plenty of water BEFORE your treatment, it is vital that you keep hydrated after your treatment. Sipping mineral water (maybe with a slice of lemon added) is perfect. If you prefer a hot drink have a mug of hot water with a slice of lemon added, or drink herbal teas.
Avoid Caffeine and Alcohol
Where possible avoid caffeine and alcohol for the rest of the day.
Avoid smoking and try to have a peaceful afternoon if possible. If you can, schedule your appointment in for a day when you can take the rest of the day off to rest and allow the treatment to fully sink in.
If possible, delay having your shower or bath
If your therapist has used oils it can be helpful to let them settle overnight, so wherever possible avoid having a bath or shower after your treatment. If you really can’t bear it have a warm shower or bath and apply shampoo to your hair whilst it is still dry for maximum effect.
If possible, avoid conflict and anything that may jolt you out of the wonderful blissful fug you are likely to be in. It is advisable not to watch television. If you do watch the television keep the programmes you watch to ones that are soothing and uplifting. I would strongly recommend that you avoid watching the news as they rarely mention any good news. Instead try reading a book or magazine and listening to some soft music.
Try to avoid spicy foods and heavy meals if possible. Keep your diet light and nutritious and don’t eat anything that may put an additional strain on your body.
How may I feel after an Indian Head Massage?
- Hopefully you will fill deeply relaxed and chilled out after your massage
- Some people may feel sleepy or tired, others refreshed and energised.
- You may feel clearer headed and more able to concentrate
- You may feel emotional, irritable or weepy, or feel like laughing
- You may have a good nights sleep afterwards although some people find that they feel a little restless
- You may feel like using the loo one more one way or another (or both!) or you may feel a little flue-y or have a slight headache. If you do, rest and drink plenty of water, this usually passes within 24-48 hours
- You may have a feeling of soreness or aching on your muscles or joints. Again rest and drink plenty of water.
Want to know more about Indian Head Massage? Read my article ‘What is Indian Head Massage’
Ready to book a treatment with me? Please go to https://www.sarahcooper.co.uk/book
I am a Reflexologist, Reiki Master Practitioner and Writer from Boroughbridge, North Yorkshire. I love writing about Health and Wellbeing, Mind Body Spirit and Reflexology. When I’m not at work, you can find me in the kitchen cooking up a storm!
If you’d like to book a treatment please go to https://www.sarahcooper.co.uk/book